Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I know what I did this summer !

In the magical world of witches and warlocks, you could wave a wand and say "expecto coldrums" to save yourself from "Heat-who-must-not-be-named". But for the rest of us Muggles, we have to resort to more conventional ways to save ourselves. That is what prompted me to conjure up this giant Popsicle one day to beat the heat !

It was a fairly simple affair - you mix all the potions in the right portions, and put a freezing spell - and oh! don't forget to use a big container to get the "giant" effect. My friends and roommates were jealous of my unconventional ways (no wonder I feel like a "nice person in the wrong planet") to tackle the heat problem, so they took pictures and made fun of me. But I kept my "cool". So if any of you needs a break from the heat (including my better half who is on an exile in the middle of a barren desert), you know what to do !

4 comments:

Neeraja said...

Credits to whoever took that snap... brilliant angle...it made justice to both the giant Popsicle and the inventor, no madhu? :)

Madhu Srinvasan said...

yes neeraja! btw which "giant popsicle" are you referring to ? the orange one or the black one ?? hee hee hee ! I am going to try making another one today.

Anonymous said...

One day you're going to choke on your giant popsicle. Despite the ignorance of the jestering of all your friends give-they'll be the ones calling 911 for you. Have you ever heard the saying "moderation in all things". It includes jumbo popsicles! I have to agree with Neeraja the snap was brilliant photographed!

Huggybear84010 said...

I love it!!! That is one of the bestest looking popsicles in the whole wide world Madhu!!! ;^)